I think that any runner can agree that running is totally a Love/Hate Relationship. One second you love running and are feeling so high you would have thought you just won the lottery. The next second you are regretting your life let alone running this stupid race, you are cussing at yourself and promising you will never ever run another stupid race ever again. Any runner can probably completely relate with my Love/Hate lists.
CHEERING ON FRIENDS
- Finishing a race is honestly the greatest feeling I have ever felt. Whether it is a 5k or a half marathon the feeling of finishing is undescribable
- Setting a Personal Record.
- Cheering on my friends and other runners after I have finished.
- Placing in my age group and winning prizes.
- Passing people. (ROAD KILL)
- The first mile of the race. My energy is so high I just love the feeling of hitting the first mile.
- Seeing family or friends at the end of the race. I run so much harder when I see someone I know waiting for me or cheering me on.
- When an awesome song comes on my I-pod that totally pumps me up.
- The last quarter of a mile of the race.
- Meeting new people and making new friends.
- Pre-race jitters.
- Feeling like I have to pee every 2 seconds before I start a race.
- When a crappy song comes on my I-pod.
- Doing bad in a race
- Getting side aches in the middle of a race and thinking I want to die.
- The in between miles when my high has wore off and the end is still not in sight.
- When the race only gives out a crappy white T-shirt.
- Running up hill.
- When people pass me in the last mile.
- When I grab a drink at an aid station and dump it on my face and none of it goes in my mouth.
- Getting left by my team. 🙁
At the end of the day I will take the good, the bad, and the ugly. No matter what happens on race day it all adds to the overall experience.