Phew…..I survived living in a van for 4 days and I am home (I’m even dumb enough to do it all over in 4 weeks at Vegas Ragnar) and alive to tell about it! 🙂 Anyway my brain is far from functioning. I even forgot my address earlier and am still trying to figure out what time zone I live in. So Since I’m operating on about a 4 year olds level and far from coherent enough to throw together a recap of Napa here are my top 10 highlights from the weekend. It was such a freaking awesome weekend!!!
1. I got an e-mail on the drive down Thursday from Team Refuel saying I was a WINNER of the grant!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the votes. I seriously cannot even thank you enough! Between reading your guesses on my giveaway and getting this news the drive out to Cali was awesome!
2. I registered for Boston!! I woke up early Friday morning and was on my aunts computer right at 7am. I have not received e-mail confirmation yet but I am crossing my fingers and praying I get in.
3. I got to meet the fabulous Jessica from reRun Running and I was seriously star struck!! This girl is even more amazing in real life and it was so fun to meet her and her husband Jason!
4. I got to meet the sweetest Hannah from A Happy Balance and she was so cute and I am so excited to start following her blog.
5. I asked Sea Level to marry me and it accepted. Seriously wow it loved me so much I was sucking in enough air to fill up a hot air balloon. Howly oxygen overload, but man that was fun.
6. My injury did not bother me to much and I ran with a big smile on my face the entire time. Being injured reminds me of why I love running.
7. Napa was freaking gorgeous!! Seriously running through the vineyards was breathe taking.
8. We finished!!!!! I do not have an official time yet but we ran minus a runner and finished an hour faster than our projected time.
9. The Utes beat BYU in football!!! Sorry to all my BYU friends. I still love you but I am a Utah fan through and through and that was just the icing on the cake of an awesome weekend.
10. And last but definitely not least my amazing friend Amy BQ’d at her very first marathon ever!! I may have been texting her obsessively and driving her crazy all day but boy am I so so happy for her. I’m not sure if it was due to sleep deprivation or the fact that I ran 24 miles in 24 hours but I cried like a baby when I got her message about BQ’ing.
What was the highlight of your weekend?
Brag and spill the beans. I am behind on blogging, reading blogs and commenting but I will get caught up. I have missed everyone so much!!