oday’s Workout: 5 miles at the track, 38 minutes, 1 mile walk, hopefully some strength training later if I can drag myself away from the computer.***
Before I start round three of operation give thanks. You can read the first two here and here I wanted to do a quick recap of the first week of HBBC. I am updating and tracking all of my daily points in my new page I created up at the top as well. For the first week I ran/walked 61 miles (61 points), lifted weights for 20 minutes or more 6 times (6 points), ran on the elliptical a total of 60 minutes (6 points), and ate my fruits and vegetables everyday (7 points). For a grand total of 80 points. I have been averaging 60+ miles of running for the last 5-6 months so that was nothing new but pushing myself to lift more and walk more was definitely motivating and helped me stay on track.
1. I am thankful for my cousins. I was able to spend time with my extended family over the weekend and even had the opportunity to run 12 miles with my cousin Travis on Saturday. I am so incredibly lucky to be so close to many of my cousins and I feel very blessed to have them in my life.
2. I am so incredibly thankful for my parents. Words cannot even begin to describe how thankful I am for my Mom and Dad. They constantly go out of there way to support me and I always feel they’re love. I was raised by two of the most humble, kind, and loving people on this earth and I am so so lucky.
3. I am thankful for my older brother Dustin. I got to spend a lot of time with him and his family over the holiday and he is just such a great Dad. Seeing him as a father has made me appreciate him even more. I am thankful for his example, his determination, and his always positive attitude. He teaches me through his example.
4. I am thankful for memories. Being with family all week has made me reflect a lot on past memories and I am so glad I have these memories to hold onto. My brother may be gone from this earth but the memories are not and sitting around with my siblings and talking about the past is one of my very favorite things to do. I am so so thankful that I had such an amazing childhood and that no one can ever rob me of my amazing memories with my brother.
5. I am thankful for pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie and nothing beats sitting around and eating pie with a big dollop of whipped cream with my family.
This week was all about family, reflecting on the past, planning for the future, and enjoying shared passions. I am so thankful to be a part of such a loving family that truly understands me and loves me unconditionally no matter what.
What are you thankful for?
Are you participating in HBBC? If so how is it going?