August is such a busy time of year with so much going on. All fun and exciting things so no complaints here. Just busy, busy, busy enjoying life and preparing for my next adventure. 🙂 Here is a list of what I’ve been up to and whats to come running wise.
1. Wings of Love 5k Race. This last Saturday I ran a 5k race in my hometown of Nephi and it was such a fantastic experience. I was asked to speak at the event on how running has helped me to cope with the death of my brother. It was SUCH a great morning and I feel so fortunate that I was able to participate. The race was great but what I enjoyed more was the reason we were all there running. I will do a full recap on the race later this week.
2. Dash for Donation 5K. I cannot believe this has already snuck up on me this year. We will be participating in the annual Dash For Donation 5k/2k race again this year in honor of my brother Trevor. If you live in Utah please, please join us in running in honor of my brother and all those who have chose to celebrate life through organ donation. Click here to Register. The event is this Saturday August 11th and begins at 8am. My family and I have ordered team “Running For Trevor” shirts so please let me know if you sign up so I can get you shirt to run in. This is such a great way to honor my brother and I cannot wait to participate again. If you register make sure to register as a team. Use team name: Running For Trevor and Captain Name: Rachelle. I hope to see you all there!
3. Pacing. On July 28th I paced the Timpanogos Half Marathon. On August 25th I will pace the Top of Utah Half marathon and on September 1st I will pace the Pocetello Half Marathon. Pacing is a lot of fun and has helped keep me busy and in great shape this Summer. I even have a real pacer profile page now. Check it out! If any of my readers want to run the Pocetello half or full marathon use code PACETEAM20 for a $20.00 discount.
4. Payson Onion Days 10k. I am so excited to run this race for the 3rd year in a row. It is Monday September 3rd and I cannot wait to see what I am capable of in this distance. Small town races are my absolute favorite and having a race that starts 1.5 miles away from my house is just awesome. Sign up and run with me.
5. Fall Marathon. I have finally decided to sign up for a fall marathon. I’ve known I wanted to run another marathon this year for awhile now and after much debate I finally decided on the Top of Utah Marathon held on September 15th. My Dad is from Cache county and I am really looking forward to this race. A 6 week marathon training plan isn’t exactly ideal but I’ve got a solid base and it will be interesting to see how the very shortened training cycle plays out.
As you can see I’m keeping busy and Running around like crazy!